Thursday, September 14, 2006

Did you know Iraq didn't have cell phones? Well, they didn't and they still don't. Out of all the things the United States can do you'd think they could get Cingular or Verizon there. But they can't. Recently I have been worried about the growing violence in Iraq. I know we are there as a nation in order to free and protect these people, but sometimes I wonder if we aren't doing more harm than good. Many news stories have come out in the last few days about how the United States in Iraq has made life in the Middle East worse. How is that possible, you may ask, how can life there be any worse.

Dear Iraq,

I will bear the sword of the white ninja
to regect all who have sinned against you (Saddam!)
and slash the hypocracites in their pus-y boiles
as the sectarian violence rolls and roils
neighbors and foreign governments covet your oil
and force you into the refugees toil.
Who will come to aid you when you are alone
crying greivious cries into inoperable cell phones?
I will come to you like Billy Baldwin in the night
bringing blazing Democracy to make your country right.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh, Gil, Iraq has sporadic cell phone service, provided by MCI, at least according to George Packer's "Assassin's Gate," though that book is about a year old and may be a little out of date.

Anonymous said...

The "sword of the white ninja," Gil, is that what Iraqis need to set them free? Ther white man? Haven't we already proven we're total failures at that?

Aer you a racist, Gil? My KKK radar suggest you are.

And to think, I thought you were my homie, my blood...

Anonymous said...

I do however like how you wove erotic imagery in a political poem about war. "I will bear the sword of the white ninja" is very masculine. To me, it almost feels like a rape poem, which is a very sophisticate sublot. I do hope that you tread carefully though when dealing with such sensitive topics. Ok, Gil?

Anonymous said...

i think it's sexy.

Anonymous said...

A rolling stone gathers no Moss. And i don't mean Kate.