Tuesday, September 19, 2006


I've been noticing that a lot of poets out there are writing poems that are a part of a larger series. So I thought I'd give it a try. Here's a follow up to my Iraq poem. I was thinking I could write one for every wore-torn country or every country with a fascist regime that will probably become wore-torn. But this time I will not rhyme. Ooops. I did it again (like Britney Spears).

Dear Iran,

I will bear the cell phone of a non-
wore-torn country and debate you on
it. Since George Bush won't. Mahmoud,
I'm talking to you. Just what kind of dude
do you think you are, with your beard
and your nukes? Can you not hear
the tears of future-dead children?
Can you cure their cancer? Since when
do you treat the U. S. of A. like some weak
country? I'm like Hulk Hogan, and you...the Iron Sheik.



Sorry. I couldn't help but rhyme. It's just in me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gil-diggity,
straight gospel nooch, they say muhammad ain't got no face like Ghost Face Killa, but if he did, i bet it'd be all wrinkled like a hamster having an orgasam after that dope peice. You should do one on Jamacia, because Sean Paul and Shabba Ranks are having a serious war about whose the true Reggae King. Reynolds-afari

Anonymous said...

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Think about it...